Stay Vigilant - Get your Vaccine - Wear a Mask!
In Reading, as of July 15, 2021*:
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1925
- Current active cases: 1
- Residents that passed away: 49
- Residents that have recovered: 1864
- Transferred: 10
*COVID data: per MAVEN reporting/data subject to change based on electronic lab reporting by MDPH.
Below are two charts of data posted on this website related to Covid-19 cases in Reading.
Active cases are posted weekly, but include individuals across multiple weeks. Increases are individuals diagnosed weekly and are derived from the confirmed cases (see last graph).
Language - Defined terms and explanations.
- Active –number of patients with a confirmed diagnosis in the last 21 days. Here -does not include individuals moved to "recovered."
- Confirmed – A person is counted as a confirmed case of COVID-19 when they have their first positive molecular, not antigen, test.
- Transferred – confirmed cases reassigned to another community
- This data is accessed by Reading Public Health on Wednesdays at 5:00 PM
- MDPH publishes a Weekly Report on Thursday afternoons available here https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-weekly-public-health-report Data is accessed on Tuesdays at 11:59 pm.
- Quarantine- If you have been exposed to a person with Covid-19, you will need to follow quarantine guidance. Quarantine period is measured from the last exposure to a positive case. Quarantine guidance available here https://www.mass.gov/guidance/information-and-guidance-for-persons-in-quarantine-due-to-covid-19
- Isolation – If you are diagnosed with Covid-19, or have had a high risk exposure and are symptomatic, you need to isolate yourself from people until you have been cleared. This is to prevent transmission to other people in your household and further. Isolation guidance available here https://www.mass.gov/doc/information-and-guidance-for-persons-in-isolation-due-to-covid-19-0/download