On June 1, 2020 we upgraded ViewPermit, our permitting system, to OpenGov PLC.
What does this mean for you?
- All permits in ViewPermit will be moved to OpenGov Permits, Licensing and Code Enforcement, OpenGov PLC for short.
- OpenGov PLC was previously called ViewPoint Cloud (VPC); you may see some overlap in the name of the product.
- You may now apply and pay for many permits and licenses online.
- As of June 1, to access your permits online or to apply for new permits online you need an account in OpenGov PLC.
- If you already have an OpenGov / VPC account that you use in another town, you may use that account to access your Reading permits.
- If you don't see your permit under your account, you can access it by permit number. You should have received an email containing your permit number.
Online permitting is available for these departments (more to come soon):
- Building / Inspections permits, including building, gas, plumbing and electrical
- Fire permits and licenses including smoke detector inspections, oil burner permits, propane storage permits, and many others
Please visit each division's home page for more information about permits and licenses available.
If you have questions about OpenGov PLC in general, please contact Jennifer Iosua, IT Software Coordinator, by email or at 781-942-6639. For questions regarding building, plumbing, gas, and electric permits please contact Permitting Coordinator Kim Saunders by email or at 781-942-6620.