Motels & Mobile Home Parks
Certification; water closets, urinals and ventilation; cleaning and disinfecting by licensee M.G.L. c. 140, s. 36
105 CMR 410.000: Minimum Standards of Fitness for Human Habitation (State Sanitary Code, Chapter II) http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/regs/105cmr410.pdf
Summary of Motels and Mobile Home Parks: Motels, Mobile Home Parks, and Public Lodging Places: The local Board of Health is responsible for licensing motels and manufactured housing communities. M.G.L. c. 140, s. 32B. The board shall at once notify the Department of Environmental Protection of the granting or renewal of such a license, and said department shall have jurisdiction to inspect the premises to determine that the sources of water supply and the works for the disposal of the sewage of such premises are sanitary. The Board of Health may adopt rules and regulations to enforce this statute.
A board must also grant licenses to public boarding houses in accordance with M.G.L. c. 140, s. 36. No license shall be granted until the Board of Health has certified that the building is provided with a sufficient number of water closets and urinals and with good and sufficient means of ventilation. A board may require the licensee to thoroughly cleanse and disinfect all parts of a public lodging place and the furniture therein to the satisfaction of the board. Motels and lodging houses are also subject to the requirements in chapter II of the State Sanitary Code (see page 7 of this Manual).
- Conduct inspections in accordance with M.G.L. c. 140, s. 36 and 105 CMR 410.000: Minimum Standards of Fitness for Human Habitation (State Sanitary Code, Chapter II
- Contact owner to set up time for inspection
- Inspections are conducted in conjunction with other town departments i.e. building and fire.
- Conduct inspection
- Document all violations
- Send violation letter to owner if violations are observed
- Afford a hearing to owner/ resident being cited
- Follow up re-inspection
- Issue permit @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>