- Are the cemeteries owned by the Town of Reading, or are they privately owned?
- What hours are the cemeteries open?
- Who can purchase a cemetery lot in Reading?
- Can I plant flowers in the ground?
- Are there other restrictions for lot decorations?
- How do I find information about family internments?
All four cemeteries in Reading are owned and operated by the Cemetery Division.
Cemeteries are open from sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
Current Reading residents only can purchase a cemetery lot. Please refer to the price list on this website for further information.
No, there is no planting in the ground in any of the cemeteries. You may place a planter no larger than the length of the headstone in Laurel Hill, Forest Glen and Wood end. In Charles Lawn a single pot of 8 inches or less is allowed.
Yes, there are no decorations allowed on top of the monuments. Religious items such as vigil lights and crosses are not allowed. Also hanging baskets, fences, stones, rocks, borders, bird houses, and glass items are not allowed.