Sign Up For Community Alerts
Stay informed! Sign up for CodeRED.
The Town of Reading, Massachusetts uses CodeRED to send emergency notifications by phone, email, text, and social media to keep citizens informed of emergencies such as evacuation notices, utility outages, water main breaks, fire or floods, chemical spills, or other emergency situations.
The Town may also activate CodeRED to send general notifications to registered subscribers to communicate non-life safety matters, such as planned road closures, water main repairs, water and power service interruptions, etc. By selecting the box for general alerts, you can also receive these types of notifications.
There is no charge to register for or use CodeRED and your personal information will be kept confidential.
Registering for CodeRED
- Sign up for CodeRED online on the CodeRED website.
- Add the CodeRED phone number, 866-419-5000 to your caller ID - this is for emergency calls.
- Add the CodeRED phone number, 855-969-4636 to your caller ID - this is for general calls.
Things to Know About CodeRED
- CodeRED Community Alerts are available for those notifications you are interested in, just opt-in
- CodeRED delivers notifications by phone, email, text, social media, and/or mobile alerts
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD / TTY devices for those with hearing impairments
- Individuals and businesses may add as many phone numbers, email, and texts numbers as they choose
To opt-out of CodeRED go to the bottom of the registration page and click "Opt out of future notifications."
To manage your account, go to the registration page and select "Already have an account? login"
CodeRED Mobile Alert App
Residents and visitors can now receive enhanced public safety alerts no matter where you are located via the CodeRED Mobile Alert App, a free public safety app for both Android and iPhone users. The CodeRED Mobile Alert app delivers community and emergency alerts to individuals targeted within an impacted geographical area. The app enables you to receive timely notifications when you are on the road, away from home.
If you are currently a CodeRED subscriber that has already registered your mobile phone to get notifications from the Town of Reading, MA you will continue to receive calls. However, if you download the app, you will also be able to get alerts to your smartphone anywhere in the country, including Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
For more information about the CodeRED service, email Jayne Wellman, Business Administrator.