The following materials will be accepted at the Compost Area:
- Leaves, grass clippings, and yard waste.
- Tree trimmings may be a maximum of eight feet in length and eight inches in diameter.
- No construction debris
- No pressure-treated lumber
- No concrete
- The Compost Area is open to residents of Reading only.
- Commercial vehicles are excluded.
Please note: you will need a current year community access sticker. For further information regarding the community access sticker contact the Police Station.
For further information regarding the Compost Area, collection of trash or recyclables please call the Department of Public Works at (781) 942-9092 Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm or Town Hall (781) 942-9077 M-W-Th 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, Tues 7:30 am to 7:00 pm, Friday - Closed.