Sewer Main Replacement
Contract # 14-06
The Town of Reading through its contractor, Ventresca, Inc., will be replacing the sewer main on Howard Street (Sigsbee to County). The contractor will begin mobilizing equipment on November 4, 2013. Construction is anticipated to begin the week of November 12th. Work will commence each day at 7:00 AM and end at approximately 5:00 PM. Please use caution when traveling along the street during the construction period. No parking will be allowed on the street during working hours.
Construction will be halted November 27, 28, & 29 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
During this project all sewer laterals from the main to the property line will be replaced, along with the sewer main in the street.
Upon completion of this project the roadway will be repaved in the spring of 2014 within the project limits. A temporary patch will remain during the winter months to allow for the trench to settle.
During this project, on your day for collection of rubbish, all rubbish must be at the curb by 6:30 AM. We also ask that no cars be parked on the street, to help facilitate this construction project.
The Town of Reading will be working diligently to expedite the work on your street and we thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this issue please feel free to contact the Town of Reading Engineering Division at (781) 942-9082
- Continue installing Sewer Main from # 115 to the next manhole at # 128
- Replace all residentail sewer service from main to property line from west to # 128
- Clean and pave the road
- No work due to snow
- Contractor will move equipment on 12/23
- No other work during holiday week
Work Suspended from 12/24/2013 to 4/6/2014
- Work will start between West Street and County Road
- Contractor will begin to mobilize equipment
- Materials will be stockpiled
- Excavation will begin after moblizing, road will be closed to through traffic starting 4/14/2014.
- Continue installing sewer main
- Finish installing sewer main
- Begin to reconnect house laterals to new main
- Finish reconnecting house laterals to new main
- Prep and pave trench
- Begin clean up and restoration work
- Finish any cleanup and restoration work