Drainage Connections

In some cases, homeowners or business owners may wish to connect a private storm drain on their property to the Town's storm drainage system. This connection is allowed by the Town of Reading, but permission for this connection must be obtained through the Engineering Office to help you through the permitting process. Before approval is granted, an engineer from the Town must determine if an adequate location is available to the homowner to connect the private drain connection to the Town's drainage system. A fee is required and a "Drain Release" form must be completed by the applicant before the connection is granted. Forms can be obtained in the Engineering Office. Please note that the Town of Reading does NOT allow any storm drain connection to the sanitary sewer system.