Curbing & Sidewalk Construction

The Town of Reading, at this time, dedicates only a small amount of resources to the construction and installation of sidewalks and curb. Homeowners, however, may elect to construct sidewalks and install curbing at their own expense. Certain sidewalk standards do exist depending on the street you live on. If a homeowner wishes to have this work completed at their expense, please contact an engineer in the Engineering Office to assist you though the process. Any contractor that is working within the Town's Right-of-Way, must have the proper insurance and bonds before construction can start. A "Sidewalk or Curbing Release" form must be completed by the homeowner prior to final approval. Forms can be obtained in the Engineering office. A permit fee may be required.