Can I connect a drain line on my property into the Town’s drainage system?

Yes, but only by a Licensed Drain Layer who is fully insured and bonded with the Town. Also, the homeowner must fill out a “Drain Release Form” along with a diagram showing where the drain line will be connected, and return them both to the Engineering Division before work can be started. A list of Licensed Drain Layers for the Town of Reading can be obtained by either going to the “Permits and Applications” section of this website or by stopping by the Engineering Division in the lower level of Town Hall.