16 Lowell Street
Reading, Massachusetts 01867
|Main Numbers||Meeting Information|
|Contact: Paula Schena||Meetings: First Monday of the month|
|Phone: 781-942-9043||Location: As posted|
|Fax: 781-942-9071||Time: 7:00 p.m.|
Each year, the Reading Cultural Council awards a number of grants to individuals and organizations offering cultural programs that serve our community. These include school field trips, afterschool programs, concerts, festivals, lectures, theater, dance, music and film. The projects take place in schools, community centers, libraries, elder care facilities, town halls, parks and wherever the community comes together.
Funding Priorities include programs that serve broad segments of the local community and involve collaboration. There is a focus on new and diverse programs that contribute to the cultural vitality of the community as a whole. Also, projects that have not received funding for more than three consecutive years.
Applications for the FY15-16 grant cycle are now available online. Paper applications are also available at the Reading Public Library and Town Hall.
- You are encouraged to complete your application online to take advantage of active fields that test for eligibility and help you calculate your budget.
- Once completed online, you must print your application and submit your mail or by hand to the Reading Cultural Council at Town Hall, 16 Lowell Street, Reading, MA 01867.
- Only one application will be accepted from each organization or applicant unless the organization serves multiple constituencies.
- Submit a completed signed original including one copy with a self-addressed stamped envelope
- Programs must be performed at an accessible Reading venue (Field Trip grants excepted)
- Programs must have a confirmed artist, venue, and performance date.
- Grants are reimbursement-based. The applicant expends their own money and if approved for a grant, then submits paperwork for reimbursement.
- Programs must have alternate sources of funding and guarantee they will run with only partial RCC funding.
- Postmark Deadline for submission is October 15, 2015.
The Reading Cultural Council serves as the local agent for the distribution, receipt and evaluation of applications for funds from the Massachusetts Cultural Council. The RCC also serves as a resource for the dissemination of information as well as to encourage activities related to furthering and stimulating interest for the arts in the community.